Friday, August 3, 2012

TUTU IS TOO, TOO

Archbishop Desmond Tutu: "Forgiveness is liberating"  http://bit.ly/RjMrZr





"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations."
Yes, very liberating. I would only caution that the forgiveness be preceded, or at least, followed by a positive and just outcome. Without justice I don't see how reconciliation is possible. The perpetrator continues under the erroneous thought and action that harms not only them, but their victims.

I would hope someone would think about the BIKOs that didn't and wouldn't have a chance to see justice
or any positive change, yet still gave their blood, sweat and tears for their fellows in suffering, - all the nameless ones that were slaughtered like animals - some cut down in their youth, who also saw the need to face the cruelty and attacks of their tormentors and murderers before apartied ended and a more hopeful future could imbue the hearts and minds of the people.

Necessarily and obviously, there is reason to be tied to those that mock, abuse and murder, not only the physical body, but the spirit in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment